Saturday, May 24, 2008

All I Want For Memorial Day...

Over the past few months I have started to see a lot of gapped smiles among my daughters’ friends. They hit that 5 or 6 year old age and before you know it teeth are falling out like little pebbles. And they all love to show off their new look.

“Look! Look! I lost a toof!”

In fact, I have had quite a few conversations with other mothers based solely around their children losing their teeth.


Ummmm…..boooooring.

Now don’t get me wrong. Their children are adorable, but if I had to hear one more time about how someone’s darling kid lost their tooth I was going to start knocking some out myself.

Of course that’s how I felt until MY child lost her tooth this morning. Now here I am, blogging about it and telling all the world that MY DAUGHTER LOST HER FIRST TOOTH!

How grand!

How amazing!















Isn’t she adorable!?

Right there in the middle of eating her pancake it finally falls out. Whoda thunk it? A pancake.

At least she doesn’t look like Mater from the Cars movie anymore. That tooth was practically sticking straight out from all the tongue prodding and finger prying.

Okay, enough of that gag-inducing, isn't my child the greatest, she's a little tooth prodigy talk. On to the lesson learned.

Here's a word to the wise.

If your child has a loose tooth, you need to have a plan in place for getting that little something that the Tooth Fairy leaves behind. Decide what it will be with that first wiggle and then get on it. Because those suckers can fall out without much warning. And then you are up a creek without a paddle. Or a silver dollar. Or a toy. Or whatever.

So my advice is to start stockpiling those treasures now, because if one of those teeth falls out while your child is brushing before bedtime, you are in trouble buddy.

All those $20 bills in your wallet will make for an expensive year.

1 comment:

Mom O Matic said...

So cute! She looks so much like you guys. We had a girl lose her tooth at our last t-ball game. She had about 5 parents on their hands and knees looking for that tooth in the field.