Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Too Much Diego?

What blog? Do I still have a blog?

Oh my goodness. You don't really want to hear all the complaining that I dish out to my husband, so we'll just suffice it to say that I've been a tad busy lately. I broke my own golden rule of writing once a week for the first time since I started this venture. It makes me sad, but I really don't have time to cry right now.

I've been so busy in fact, that I've had to employ the electronic babysitter a bit too much lately. Here's the proof.

You know your children have watched too much Dora and Diego when:

  • Your barely two year old spontaneously starts counting in Spanish one to ten, in order and pronounced correctly, and no one around him has ever even said "uno" to him.
  • You are driving along and you are at a red light next to a bus that has a nature picture on it with some hawks flying up above a mountain, and your son and daughter see it and shout out "condors!".
  • You are pushing open a door and your daughter says "empuje!".
  • You are driving along in the car (we do that a lot around here) and your son starts singing the theme song to Dora, complete with the "D-d-d-da-da-Dora" part.
  • Every picture of a snake that your daughter sees she says looks like an anaconda. Last I checked she's never been to a rain forest.
  • Your kids start singing "Old MacDonald" just like the singing bridge on Dora, who ends it with silly words. So you hear a lot of "Old MacDonald had a...bowl of spaghetti!".
  • Your son wants to be Diego for Halloween. And you don't even have to go shopping because you have all the items necessary.

No comments: