Friday, September 11, 2009

It Wasn't Me

As most of you know, one of my son's favorite words to date is "poop". It was poop this and poop that. It started out getting such a laugh from his sisters that ever since he's never let it go.
He's even saying it in his sleep lately. Well, let me explain. He'll fall asleep in his car seat just before arriving home, and even though his eyes are closed and the drool is already forming a puddle on his shirt, he'll occasionally open his eyes and attempt to wake up. And when he does, he says "POOOOP!" really loud and with a smirk on his face. Then he'll not his head off in the other direction and go back to sleep. Sometimes he'll even do one or two encores of this before finally settling down into slumber.

Well it seems now we may have a new winner. Although I'm doing my darnedest (notice the use of my child safe language) not to let it happen.

The new word that I'm hearing too often is "dammit." I recently told the story of the first time I heard this while we were on vacation. I heard it a few other times that week, and then it was pretty quiet after that.

Then the other day I was carrying him downstairs and he was mumbling "dammit....dammit....dammit."

Then the rest went something like this.

Me: What did you say?
Him: Dammit.
Me: No, that's not nice. We don't say that.
LONG PAUSE (filled with lots of two year old wheels turning).
Him: Daddy say it.

After stifling my laughter I simply replied "that's not nice...no saying that."

So there you go. Proof that it wasn't me. Sorry hubby, your son ratted you out and now I'm telling the world.

No comments: