Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Toddlerisms

You know your 2 year old has two older sisters, and a command of the English language, when you hear him say...

..."whatever" when he gets frustrated and wants to walk away. Perhaps while doing a puzzle and not finding the right piece..."whatever"...

..."cool!" when you point out a little red sports car on the road.

..."I'm just wewaxing" when you ask him how he is doing while sitting on the potty.

..."what now?" whenever you finish a stated task. For example, "Let's go get your milk," and after finding the cup and taking a long gulp, "what now?". "Let's go outside," and after arriving outside, "what now?".

..."I got one!" whenever he's trying to think up a new joke. For example, when saying "see you later alligator" he will often be prompted to come up with a 'new one'. So we say "bye bye french fry" and he will continue with "I got one! Bye bye hamburger! I got one! See you later streetlight! I got one!....I got one!" over and over and over again, naming the many things he sees around his immediate area, or even making up things that sound funny.

..."I buy dat!" whenever he sees something he wants. While looking in a book, while driving in the car, while watching tv...which is wear this sentiment was born with help from his sisters. Most times the items are not 'buyable', but that doesn't stop him from yearning.

..."no way!" whenever he doesn't want to do something that you ask of him. And of course he says it in response to our retort of "way" or "yes way".

No one has ever said he isn't clever.

Now I'm off to wewax.

Yes way.

See you later doo dah.

3 comments:

~J said...

He's taking after his uncle. Mark wewaxes several times a day!

Uncle Mark said...

yes, my morning "wewaxing" ritual is my brief time of peace.

I think Daniel's been watching "Anchorman" and quoting Steve Corell's character. "I love lamp"

Mama PhD said...

I love this post!